Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Trip To Idaho

Here are those pictures we took from our cabin in Idaho. Sadly, most of the pictures are of the actual cabin and we got very few with the actual people that were there. We need to get better at that. I have a feeling we are missing out on a bunch of family kodak moments. And Chase is hardly going to have any pictures of his parents in his baby book if we don't improve our picture-taking!

Anway, so here's the lowdown on what went on in Idaho:
It was still winter up there and snow was all over the ground and the day we left it snowed quite a bit. So we spent most of the time hanging in the cabin. Josh played Guitar Hero until he opened his birthday present and saw he got Rockband! So that is pretty much what we did, stayed in the cabin, played Rockband, ate food, watched a few movies, played a couple games, went into town one day (which consists of about 5 buildings: a small market, post office, video store, library, and about 3 restaurants) and played more Rockband. I can't wait to go up when it's warmer, there are a ton of outdoor activities to do. The development the cabin is in is on a golf course so the boys are excited to play golf when it finally warms up. There is a pool and spa as well. And tons of outdoor activities. And it is very close to Jackson Hole, Yellowstone, Grand Teton National Park, etc. So we will have tons to do when spring finally arrives in Idaho. We have the cabin reserved the last weekend in May so hopefully it will be warm and we can get out of the cabin! Here are the pictures we took...again, Jason didn't get a picture of the outside of the cabin, or of the kitchen, which was gorgeous! But that's ok, he did a great job taking the pictures he did take. The cabin has 4 bedrooms and 3 1/2 bathrooms. I think we got a picture of every bathroom.
Here is one of the showers...I loved it because it had a rainfall showerhead, a normal showerhead, and 4 jets that sprayed water at you.
Me feeding Chase
The main floor bathroom
The tv room/sunroom
The basement-where we played Rockband (me on the drums, Raelene on the guitar. Who wouldn't want to see our girlband perform?)

Dining area
A closeup of Rockband-we play some mean instruments!

A bathroom
A bedroom with twin beds
The entryway
Fireplace in the entryway


Jason with the boys
The master bedroom
And the master bath

We can't wait to go up again and bring some more of our friends! Who's coming with us?
Anyway, other quick updates:
  • It looks like we are closing on the house on Friday. Jason sure loves me and is hiring movers so I don't have to stress anymore about how I am going to pack everything and take care of a baby. I do have to stress over how I am going to unpack everything and take care of a baby...but I got a few offers to help out with Chase so I can unpack (Thanks Lindsay, Rachel, Meghan and Melissa...you will each be getting phone calls next week!)
  • Chase is much better today. He actually has been pretty good since Monday (the dr. had said Chase would probably be crying most of the night Sunday and most of the day Monday but he didn't!! I think I might know why...) Anyway, today has been his happiest day and he has acted like his normal self. He isn't fussy anymore when drinking his milk either, but still isn't drinking as much as he normally does. We will see if those nasty blisters have gone away when we visit the dr. at the end of the week. The good news is, once a child has had this virus they develop an immunity to it so Chase won't get it again...the bad news is, there is more than one type of herpangina. There is another type that causes painful blisters on the hands and feet. Hopefully we can avoid that one!

3 comments:

Holly said...

Yeah...Bria got the "hand foot mouth" virus when we were in California a couple years ago...NOT FUN!!! That made for a terrible vacation! The cabin looks so fun! Glad you were able to get away for a bit. Let us know if you need help with your move!

Lindsay Ercanbrack said...

I'm excited for Chase to come play with us! We're planning on it!

Misty said...

We'll come with you! =)

So, I'm totally retarded when it comes to playing the drums. Whenever I have to use my foot it's like i'm having a spasm or something!